Weekly Crime Report – 05/29/19
The following are cases of interest handled by the Newark Police Department between May 20th and 27th, 2019:
- Between 5/12 at 1900 and 5/12 at 1930 in the 100-block of Interchange Blvd (late report) – A suspect was in the business’ warehouse attempting to take products from a shelf. When he was confronted by an employee, the suspect fled out a rear door. The suspect is described as a BM, 6′ – 6’2″, 220 lbs and wearing a red hooded sweatshirt. He was covering his face with an unknown white garment. The suspect fled in a gold Acura MDX with a Delaware tag. The suspect did not obtain any products. No video is available for release. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Det. Anderson at (302) 366-7100 x. 3469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Between 5/25 at 2400 and 5/25 at 1000 in the 200-block of Courtney Street – Unknown suspect(s) entered the residence through an unlocked rear door and removed various property from within. There is no video available for release. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Det. Gerasimov at (302) 366-7100 x. 3474 or email@example.com.
- Between 5/25 at 0335 hours and 5/25 at 0354 hours in the 100-block of South Chapel Street – The resident advised that she was in her bedroom when an unknown suspect entered her room and turned on the bedroom light. The suspect then went to a third floor bedroom and the victim could hear the suspect moving around in the room. The victim contacted police and heard the suspect flee the residence as she was calling police. Responding officers checked the residence and did not locate any suspects. A K-9 unit from NCCPD responded and did not locate a suspect. A check of the residence revealed that items within the third floor bedroom had been moved, but nothing appeared to have been taken. There is no video available for release. Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Det. Keld at (302) 366-7100 x. 3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Motor Vehicle Theft:
- Between 5/17 & 5/20 in the unit block of Linden Street – Between the listed dates, victim’s 2015 black Honda Civic, with Rhode Island tag 365835, was stolen while parked on the street. There is no video available for release.
Theft from a Motor Vehicle:
- Between 5/21 at 1900 hours and 5/22 at 0730 hours in the 800-block of Hilltop Road – Unknown suspect(s) entered the victim’s vehicle and removed property from within. There was no apparent damage to the vehicle.
- On 5/22 at 1405 hours in the 100-block of West Main Street – The victim left the vehicle parked for a short period of time and unknown suspect(s) removed a cellular phone from the vehicle, possibly through an open window. The phone was later recovered outside an apartment complex in the 200-block of South Main Street.
- Between 5/23 at 2330 and 5/23 at 2337 in the 100-block of Sypherd Drive – The suspects entered an unsecured vehicle and removed property, including a cellular phone, from within. There was no apparent damage to the vehicle. Officers were able to track the phone to the Madison Drive area of Newark. During the investigation, Nathaniel Smith, 18, of Newark and Rashaon Lane, 20, of Newark, were identified as suspects in this incident. Warrants were obtained charging each with one count of felony theft, one count of misdemeanor theft and one count of felony conspiracy second degree. Their arrests are currently pending.
See our tips page for various methods to contact Newark Police to provide information about these cases. Possible reward information can also be found on the page.