Weekly Crime Report – 05/23/19
The following are cases of interest handled by the Newark Police Department between May 13th and 19th, 2019:
- Between 5/12 & 5/16 on Winslow Rd – Unknown suspect(s) broke a rear window and entered a residence. Once inside, they removed various property from within and fled the scene. No video is available. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call Det. Gerasimov at (302) 366-7100 x. 3474 or email@example.com.
Motor Vehicle Theft:
- Between 5/15 & 5/16 on White Clay Drive – Unknown suspect(s) stole the victim’s Jeep Wrangler from the driveway of the residence. The vehicle was recovered on 5/17 in the parking lot of the College Square Shopping Center.
Thefts From Motor Vehicles:
- Between 5/12 & 5/13 in the 100 block of Meriden Dr – Unknown suspect(s) entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and removed property from within.
- Between 5/12 & 5/13 in the 200 block of New London Rd – Unknown suspect(s) entered the victim’s vehicle by unknown means and removed property from within.
- Between 5/19 at 0030 hours and 5/19 at 1500 hours in the 200 block of South Main St – Unknown suspect(s) entered the victim’s vehicle by unknown means and removed property from within.
- On 5/14 on Fountainview Drive – A 39 year-old male was found unresponsive and not breathing as a result of an apparent drug overdose. Lifesaving efforts were administered by police and EMS personnel and the subject was subsequently pronounced deceased.
See our tips page for various methods to contact Newark Police to provide information about these cases. Possible reward information can also be found on the page.