Weekly Crime Report – May 15, 2019
The following are cases of interest handled by the Newark Police Department between May 6th and 12th, 2019:
Thefts From Motor Vehicles:
- Between 5/7 at 1830 hours and 5/8 at 0300 hours in the 800 block of Lehigh Rd – The victim’s unsecured vehicle was entered between the listed times and various items of value were taken. Some stolen items were recovered in the roadway near the residence, while other stolen items were not recovered.
- Between 5/7 at 1615 hours and 5/8 at 0730 hours in the 200 block of Beverly Rd – Unknown suspect(s) entered two different locked vehicles by unknown means and went through the contents of the vehicles. Nothing was reported missing from either vehicle.
- May 10th at 0022 hours in the 900 block of Ogletown Rd – Four unknown suspects wearing hooded sweatshirts walking on the railroad tracks threw rocks at vehicles parked in the parking lot causing varying degrees of damage to seventeen different vehicles.
- May 11th at 1655 hours in the E Main Street area – The listed suspects rode off-highway vehicles in a reckless manner while in the E Main St / E Delaware Ave / E Cleveland Ave area of Newark. Anyone with information as to the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Cpl. M. Gruszecki at (302) 366-7100 x. 3463 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The suspects (pictured below) are described as:
- White male, average build and wearing a light blue t-shirt with an unknown white symbol on the back and a full white helmet
- White male, heavier build and wearing a black t-shirt with an unknown symbol on the front, cut-off jean shorts with holes, a green helmet and a face mask
- White male, average build and wearing a gray t-shirt, dark pants, red sneakers, a silver helmet and a face mask
See our tips page for various methods to contact Newark Police to provide information about these cases. Possible reward information can also be found on the page.