Update (Results) – Newark Police Participate In Distracted Driving Initiative
Posted on April 13, 2019 12:00 pm EDT
by Lt Andrew Rubin
Leave a Comment
During the week of April 1st, the Newark Police Department participated in an initiative, funded by the Delaware Office of Highway Safety, focused on distracted driving. Various units within the Department dedicated 30 hours to this initiative over four days. This enforcement effort resulted in 325 charges consisting of the following:
- 86 charges for Use of a Cellular Phone While Driving
- 170 charges for Failure to Wear a Seatbelt
- 8 charges for Operating an Unregistered Motor Vehicle
- 7 charges for Speeding
- 6 charges for Driving While Suspended or Revoked
- 48 charges for various traffic offenses. Four outstanding warrants were also cleared.
Original press release can be found here.