Newark Police Enforcement Activity During St. Patrick’s Day Weekend
This past weekend, March 16 & 17, 2019, Newark Police had additional officers working in anticipation of St. Patrick’s Day weekend. This has traditionally been a time in which Newark Police see additional calls for service. The following is a summary of arrests that occurred over the weekend:
- In addition to the arrests noted above, officers issued two warnings for loud music.
- One of the DUI arrests was a felony (3rd offense).
- The two Indecent Exposure offenses resulted from a complaint from a female who advised that two males were standing in the second floor hallway of an apartment building in the 200 block of Veterans Drive when they called out to her and intentionally exposed themselves to her. In addition, the males were found to have damaged window screens and urinated from the building. The males were located and arrested for Indecent Exposure 2nd Degree, Criminal Mischief, Conspiracy 3rd Degree, Disorderly Conduct and Underage Consumption of Alcohol. They were identified as Andrew Fahey and Rory Parker. Both are 19 years-of-age from Croton-on-Hudson, NY. No photos are available.
- No summonses were issued for Unruly Social Gathering.
- Newark Police responded to four incidents where subjects reportedly overdosed or were passed out due to alcohol consumption. All four subjects were transported to the hospital by EMS.