Weekly Crime Report – March 13, 2019
The following are cases of interest handled by the Newark Police Department between March 4th and 10th, 2019:
- March 3 at 2345 to March 4 at 0015 hours – 1002 South College Avenue – Two suspects attempted to load 70 gift cards. The clerk felt the transactions were suspicious and declined the transactions. The suspects fled with the gift cards, however they were not activated. The suspects were described as two black males in their 20’s and one had a tattoo above his right eye.
Thefts from Vehicles:
- March 5 between 1200 hours and 1442 hours in the 200 block of Hillside Road – Unknown suspects(s) shattered the front passenger side window of the victim’s vehicle and removed a cellular phone from the front seat.
- March 7 at 2000 hours to March 8 at 0600 hours in the 200 block of West Main Street – Unknown suspects entered two unlocked vehicles and rummaged through the vehicles, but no property was taken.
Thefts of Motor Vehicles:
- March 4 at 2230 hours to March 5 at 0752 hours in the 1000 block of Fountainview Circle – A tan 2000 Honda CRV, DE PC390982, was stolen from the parking lot.
- (Attempt) Between February 28 and March 5 in the 100 block of West Main Street – The door and ignition to victim’s vehicle were damaged consistent with someone trying to steal the vehicle.
- (Attempt) Between February 19 and March 5 in the 600 block of Lehigh Road – Unknown suspect(s) cut the plastic window to victim’s vehicle, entered the vehicle and cut out the ignition in an attempt to steal the vehicle.
- March 9 at 2010 hours at 1101 South College Avenue – A male subject argued with the hotel front desk employee over the rental of a hotel room. The male subject and his female companion were asked to leave the hotel. The male subject punched the employee in the face causing alarm to the employee. Warrants for the male subject will be sought for the crime of Offensive Touching.
To provide information on any of these incidents, please see our tips page, where a reward may also be available.